Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Journey Begins

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" ~ Lao Tzu Yesterday I took the first step of a long and soon to be successful journey. I went downtown Chicago to file documents to make this business venture legal. I have mixed emotions about this, because on one hand I am happy that I did it and I am headed in the direction to fulfill my dream, on the other hand I feel that this is something that I should have done a long time ago. But now that I express these feelings aloud, I realize that everything happens in its own time, the way that it should happen. I am grateful in more ways than one for this reality. Yesterday I also had to publish a legal notice in a Chicago newspaper. I never published anything in a newspaper before... but then again I'm sure that on this journey I will be doing a lot of things I've never done. A light bulb just came on in my head and it is shining down on the fact that... the only way a person can grow and make progress in life is by doing things that they have never done. After my downtown adventure I celebrated my first day of official business by eating one of Chicago's famous italian beef sandwiches and a gyro with extra tzatziki aka cucumber sauce. Yeah, I know that a lot of food, but I need to fuel up for the journey ahead. "Believe in your dreams, for even those that seem out of reach, are safe in unseen hands". ~ Unknown

2 comments:

  1. GOSH I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother in law is so wonderful!!! Go Micah!!!

    ReplyDelete